Artificial Intelligence isn't just around the corner; it’s already becoming a part of our reality in the classroom and in our daily lives. In this course, educators from all backgrounds, disciplines, and grade levels will explore the ways in which artificial intelligence, machine learning, and algorithms impact our daily lives. As learners navigate this course through the lens of an avatar interacting with modern technologies, they will explore and evaluate the ethical implications of these technologies and how they shape our world.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Describe artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies, including futurist predictions.
- Identify where artificial intelligence is found in everyday life, college, and career.
- Evaluate artificially intelligent technologies through an ethical lens to mitigate bias.
- Demonstrate use of AI applications across each of the five big ideas: Sensors and Perception, Representation and Reasoning, Data and Machine Learning, Natural Interaction, and integrated Ethics.
- Provide resources and AI content that can be used in the classroom to meet the new NC CS/AI standards.
- Support teachers to navigate classroom interactions with students who may have more familiarity with coding.
- Integrate CS/AI into existing core courses with example tools and lesson plans.
Target Audience: K-12 Educators